- 750 g Kerr’s Pink/Roosters, peeled
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 100 g streaky bacon, in small pieces
- 50 g low fat butter
- 450 mL approx. vegetable stock (cube)
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C /375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Fry the bacon pieces with the onion, thyme and butter until lightly brown in a saucepan.
- Add the potatoes, cover with the stock and bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and cook in the preheated oven until the potatoes are tender and the top is browned, approx. 40 mins.