- 600 g Kerr’s Pink/Roosters, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bunch of parsley
- spring onions
- 50 g sweetcorn
- 100 g bacon or ham pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100 g low fat butter, Optional Flavouring
- 100 g plain flour
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain well and mash with half the butter, parsley and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sweat the onion in the remaining butter for 3 mins without colouring and add to the potato mix.
- Divide into 8 balls and pat into rounds 1cm (½ inch) thick.
- Lightly flour and pan-fry in oil until golden brown on both sides.
- It’s also best to finish them in the preheated oven for 2-3 mins.
- Suggested above are a few optional flavours to add.